Vesper Tools will be exhibiting and selling tools at all these Hand Tool and Woodworking events. Updated regularly. Do check back.
The 2018 schedule has been a success thus far. Sturt School for Wood - Cairns - Maleny - Melbourne Guild of Fine Woodworking Hand Tool Event and Open Day - Lie-Nielsen Open House in Maine USA - Perth Wood Show.
Leaving just Illawarra Wood Festival which is a must visit family day out, plus the inaugural Wood Dust event in October for the market place event on the weekend, and one of the guest speakers for the Toolmakers Yarns at the Q, check it out below, google it and be there, just be there!
In 2019 Vesper Tools will be re-evaluating our show schedule in a big way for the first time in 20 years of doing the show circuit and completing around 140 shows exhibited at in that time. Vesper Tools is faced with 9+ month backlog of orders there is no point going out to drum up more business and the tools do not make themselves while I'm gone, so it is likely that I will choose 2 events to exhibit at for 2019 and that will be it. If I find some competent staff and manage to catch up on backlog then it will be back to normal programming in 2020.
Illawarra Festival of Wood
Fri thru Sun 12th-14th of October, 2018.
This will be the second running of this hugely successful event. Bulli is nestled between the coast and the escarpment just north of Wollongong and just south of the Royal National Park, the whole Illawarra area offers a lot to those who love the south coast! The event is being run over 3 days up on the original two. And if the first one is anything to go by this coming event will be in the "do not miss" category of woodworking events!
Update: The Friday will be a Workshop Only day before the main event opens the gates to all on the Sat/Sun. So check the website and see all the great classes one can choose from before they sell out.
Suffice to say this will be THE woodworking event not to miss in 2018 no matter what your interest in woodwork as hobby or profession. This is billed as The Australian International Timber and Woodworking Festival.
- A range of woodworking masterclasses and evening Q&A style lectures Yarns at The Q featuring international and Australian woodworking celebrities
- A Timber & Tools Marketplace featuring back-to-back free demonstrations, a ‘Meet the Makers’ stand, competitive axe throwing and a Luthier’s Lane with a live performance stage
- YouTube Studio featuring Marc Spagnuolo “The Wood Whisperer”
- Exhibition opening at Bungendore Woodworks Gallery – Australian Wood Review Studio Furniture 2018, this is the third exhibition in a series organised by AWR, first two being in 2008, and 2010. There is a significant monetary prize pool for this event.
- An ensemble of woodworking legends from around the world including: American tool maker Tom Lie Nielsen, master craftsman Michael Fortune, furniture artist Andy Buck, Vic Tesolin from Veritas and Fine Woodworking magazine Editor Matt Kenney
- Good food, music and craft beer.
The Timber and Tools Marketplace will be open:
20 – 21 October 2018
9.00am to 5.00pm Daily
Nothing confirmed for 2019 as yet but perhaps check back here end of 2018 and see if there is any suitably vague info up.
Hope to see you all at one of these events!
Toolmaker & Artificer.